Heated side view mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, not trying to stir up a huge project here but I'm wondering if all the Second gens came with heated mirrors wired up even if they do not appear to be equipped?

I have an '06 XLT with DVD sunroof etc. and it doesn't appear to have heated side mirrors, if you can imagine this actually gets annoying when they're covered in snow and you don't have time to clean them off. But I was wondering if they all have the plug or wiring but some maybe just don't have the mirror lens equipped with the heating coil.

I don't know if both my mirror lens have been replaced but they don't have the heated symbol on them like my 03 did and they definitely don't heat up when I push the defroster button like my last expy did. Also I'll add that they are power mirrors but not power folding.

Does anyone know if I can just buy the mirror glass with the heater coils and install/replace the existing mirrors and if that will work?

Thanks guys
Jared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would first pull the door panel and check the connector to see how many wires go to the power mirrors. You should see a 16 pin connector Pin #1 should be a DG/VT wire. Now where is pin #1 it is in one of the corners of the connector the wire in pin #2 would be next to it in the same row and be a BK wire the wire under pin #1 is pin #9 and is also a BK wire

If the wire in pin #1 is present you can check to see if you have 12 volts present when you turn on the rear defroster grid If you have 12 volts then you should have heated mirrors If you don't have 12 volts and have the wire for pin #1 then check fuse #8 in the Central Junction Box. If your heated rear window isn't working then you need to check fuse # 114 in the same fuse box

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gruz7

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would first pull the door panel and check the connector to see how many wires go to the power mirrors. You should see a 16 pin connector Pin #1 should be a DG/VT wire. Now where is pin #1 it is in one of the corners of the connector the wire in pin #2 would be next to it in the same row and be a BK wire the wire under pin #1 is pin #9 and is also a BK wire

If the wire in pin #1 is present you can check to see if you have 12 volts present when you turn on the rear defroster grid If you have 12 volts then you should have heated mirrors If you don't have 12 volts and have the wire for pin #1 then check fuse #8 in the Central Junction Box. If your heated rear window isn't working then you need to check fuse # 114 in the same fuse box

I've already replaced the fuse and I'll be to pulling the door panel this weekend and I'll let you know how it gets along thanks bedrck as always!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you check both fuses for voltage?

Check the thread tomorrow for the wiring diagrams I'll attach them in the morning

OP
OP
Gruz7

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you check both fuses for voltage?

Check the thread tomorrow for the wiring diagrams I'll attach them in the morning

Will do... Not yet but I have replaced any and all bad or missing fuses that the truck had... FYI when I bought it a few months ago it didn't even have fuse 8 in the box, made me a little nervous about replacing it but it's been fine so far

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jared

Send me a PM with your e-mail address so I can send you the prints

Also check fuse # 13

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gruz7

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuses are all fine, nothing missing, nothing blown even number 13... I'm reviewing the diagrams now but I'm leaning towards the claim that my truck just doesn't have the heated the mirror lenses but maybe I could buy the lens and install them and they would work... Looks like I may have to pull apart the door panel to figure this one out [emoji52]

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could pull the glass lens off and see if it has two wire connections on it. Then you know if it is a heated mirror or not

OP
OP
Gruz7

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could pull the glass lens off and see if it has two wire connections on it. Then you know if it is a heated mirror or not

Thanks I was think I could do too I'll have to also give that a try... If it does have the 2 connections I have an old mirror lens that is fracked from my 03 with heated mirrors I'll maybe plug that one in and give it a try