Heater hose broke at the connection to heater core

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My hose on my 02 Expedition 4.6L broke right at the nipple to the heater core. The plastic clip piece broke off inside the hose leaving the connector on the heater core nipple. It's the side closest to the driver side. Is this the inlet side or outlet. I'm thinking it's the inlet side. I need to order a new hose assembly and want to know if anyone has a part number. Also that clip is a ***** to get off. Any suggestions on removing it. I tried reaching in and squeezing the white clips but just can't get it. I saw a video using hose pliers to pull it off. Dont care if it breaks because a new one is going on anyway. Any ideas would help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
U

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got that broken connector off the heater core pipe. What a *****, lol but it's off. Super cold right now so I'm going to wait a couple days to disconnect the rest of the assembly and have to wait for the new one to be delivered anyway. Half the battle is understanding how those connectors work. Used some angle long pliers to assist me.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just paste everything back together with epoxy putty

OP
OP
U

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just paste everything back together with epoxy putty
Bought a new motorcraft heater hose inlet assembly for 78.00 on parts geek. Delivered in 2 day. Installed it this morning and all good now.