Help!!! Code P0172 popped up!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree, usually when a fuel regulator goes bad, they leak, or injection gets an extremely rich condition. Happened to a friend on his ford ranger. Fuel pump reading needs to be above 30 pounds. 35 to 40 is the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will need to check output pressure of both fuel pressure regulator, and fuel pump.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pumps usually go out before regulators due to heat. If you have a habit of running your tank low, theirs nothing to cool the pump. Fuel works like a kinda cooling for the pump. That's why I always try to school friends and customers, don't drop below 1/4 tank, you heat up the pump and suck gunk from bottom of fuel tank. This can clog filter and injectors .Have him test both parts. It's your dime!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keep us updated, it helps other members.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think 98eb5.4 is on the wrong thread. This one is about fuel pump/ fuel pressure regulator.

OP
OP
N
Reaction score
So i just finished the fuel pressure test. With the key on engine off ot had around 5 psi and went down to 0 psi. When i started the truck it read 80 psi!!! And when i took off the vaccum line it was 83 psi. Is ot the fuel pump or the fuel pressure regulator?