Help.. Mods / rough running. Coincidence?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarrenG

Reaction score
OK, so Saturday I had a Flowmaster Series 50 installed on my 04' Expy. Seemed ok after that then Sunday I pulled out my Cluster to swap out LED for reg bulbs. Didn't drive after that. This Morning I drove to work (6 miles) thought it seemed a little rough. Didn't think much of it, Then on the way home tonight got really rough (missing?) and the service engine soon light would flash the go out came back on then out again. coincidence it was after I took out my cluster? Also the needles in my cluster are not lighting up now?
:think:

macupp

Reaction score
Hopefully you disconected the battery before any of your mods?!?

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think you have two things. The missing is probably a coincidence. But the lack of light in your gauges is probably from something not plugged in. You'll have to pull the dash and double check your work.

A flashing CEL usually means there's a miss at that time. It should be stored so you can check it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WarrenG

WarrenG

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The #3 COP went out, getting new plugs installed also. And plan on removing the dash/ cluster again this weekend.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey, if you're still on here, do you remember how many LED bulbs you needed to swap your cluster backlighting?