Help removing front calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rifleman625

Reaction score
I am going to change the front pads on my 1999 Expy 5.4. I removed the two torx bolts. Now what? How do I remove the caliper? Are these the only bolts I needed to remove? The tire spins freely, I just cant get the caliper off.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I usually take something like a regular (flathead) screwdriver and push the rear pad back a little. You need to take the pressure off of the pads against the rotor. Just dont push too hard that you damage the rotor, the pad only needs to move back a little bit for it to come off. Yes those are the only two bolts necessary to remove.

Last edited:

2000 Ebony XLT

Reaction score
I usually take something like a regular (flathead) screwdriver and push the rear pad back a little. You need to take the pressure off of the pads against the rotor. Just dont push too hard that you damage the rotor, the pad only needs to move back a little bit for it to come off. Yes those are the only two bolts necessary to remove.

Can you recall what size torx bolts hold the calipers on?

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score

+1 The rotor probably has a lip on the outer edge from normal wear and the the pads needs to be pressed so it will clear it.