Help with Kenwood Headunit in 2007 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otters07

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just bought this used from a buddy.

DDX471HD | Navigation and Multimedia | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | Kenwood USA

He didn't have the dash kit for an Expedition so not being extremely knowledgeable in the stereo game, my question is will this be a direct replacement for the standard 6 disk changer that came factory or what will I need additional parts along with the dash kit?

I found this...is this all I will need to install? I am assuming the factory 6 disk changer is a standard Double-Din...

Metra 95-5812 Dash Kit Fits in select 2004-11 Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles — double-DIN radios at Crutchfield.com

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes that is a direct-fit replacement...the trim kit varies...the one I have in my truck with my pioneer avic-d3 is literally a very thin trim all around it...less than half the size of the one you picked...but it may work for you...get it and see...I believe that when u buy from crutchfield at the end it will give the correct one as an option to buy before you checkout...so I would outfit your car on the site...pick the same unit and see what options you during checkout

OP
OP
Otters07

Otters07

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes that is a direct-fit replacement...the trim kit varies...the one I have in my truck with my pioneer avic-d3 is literally a very thin trim all around it...less than half the size of the one you picked...but it may work for you...get it and see...I believe that when u buy from crutchfield at the end it will give the correct one as an option to buy before you checkout...so I would outfit your car on the site...pick the same unit and see what options you during checkout

Awesome thanks for info! I also plan to run a reverse camera from the factory 12th gen F150 emblems so ill post pictures as the new parts go it :favorites37: