Help with new install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xchosen

Reaction score
I'm considering this unit from crutchfield, it seems to meet all my needs but I have one concern.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P3300BT/Pioneer-AVH-P3300BT.html?tp=5684&tab=other_items

h130P3300BT-F.jpeg

Right now you have to push some kind of number combo on the stereo to alter the rear dvd audio setup. Specifically when you plug in headphones. I'm worried when I replace the head unit it will mess up how the dvd functions. I will get may ass kicked if I install a nice new unit and now my kid can't watch movies with his headphones on during long trips.

2004 Expedition EB

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they do it all the time here...someone will hook you up with a how to...search the site for DVD or something close...your not the 1st to do this here...it has been done.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did it, but you will not have control of the rear DVD from the head unit any more. I hooked mine up so the rear ent system works independently of the head unit, and the kids have to wear the headphones to watch the movie. search for "Kenwood DNX-5140 Install" to see my write-up.

OP
OP
X

xchosen

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I'm starting to narrow this down to what I want. Any chance BestBuy installation can handle the dvd setup issues? I know what your thinking, it's not that hard just do it yourself, but I have zero time to tear apart my dash and can't afford to have it screwed up by me.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on best buy.... better bet... find a good local shop and talk to them

deverett0311

Reaction score
2006 Limited Audio Setup

I hate the factory stuff, looking for double din setup like pioneer or keenwood. Suggestions on wasy installs and good headunits would be great.