HID Conversion Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrbigums13

Reaction score
Hey Guys! Been all over "google" the last couple weeks trying to get all the answers I'm looking for...problem is, everyone has the right answer. My question is..I got a 99 XLT 5.4 that I love to death! Only thing I hate is the OEM headlights down right SUCK! Looking to get HID Conversion Kit, but don't want to pay hundreds of dollars. Really don't want to pay more than $120-140 range. Any decent kits for that range?? Any help is appreciated in advance!!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off, I'd get clear headlights. The fresnel lenses really rob the lights of output. You can get some OEM looking Lightning or Harley headlights on ebay for decently cheap.

Do the swap and see if you like the ouput. If not, then get the HIDs.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ebay HIDs with ebay R8 headlights... a lot brighter than stock... both 10,000K HIDS in fog and headlights but the stock fog light lenses suck... gonna go to clear ones one day

100_1461.jpg

Petrini

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Guys! Been all over "google" the last couple weeks trying to get all the answers I'm looking for...problem is, everyone has the right answer. My question is..I got a 99 XLT 5.4 that I love to death! Only thing I hate is the OEM headlights down right SUCK! Looking to get HID Conversion Kit, but don't want to pay hundreds of dollars. Really don't want to pay more than $120-140 range. Any decent kits for that range?? Any help is appreciated in advance!!

They make "bi-xenon" kits now. That way you get both low beams AND high beams HID. Go with those. You can still find decent kits for that price, even way less if you wanna chance Chinese made (and supposedly they arent half bad).

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have heard good things about retro-solutions.com. They say the digital kits have virtually no warm up time on them

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Digital kits still have warm up time. What they are supposed to help with is hot restricking. When you turn your bulbs on, they require a certain voltage. After they've warmed up, less voltage is required to keep the arc going. If you turn your bulbs on, then off, then on again, the "analog" ballasts will apply the same voltage as a cold start, which slowly damages the bulb.

The digital kits are supposed to fix this by applying less voltage to a bulb that's already warm. They are also supposed to eleiminate radio interference (even though I've never experienced any with my cheap kits.)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i love mind...never had any probs...i still have a set i bought months ago to install in my wifes altima...thats how much i love my HIDs

Byron51

Reaction score
I have a 99 EB and this past summer bought 55w HID heads, 35w HID Fogs, Lightning headlights, and euro clear fogs. Absolutely love them!! I'm new here so if i can figure out how to post pictures i will

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i paid 55 shipped for mine. 6000k 35 watt low beams. my 1999 F250 i got the bi-xenon's for 75 shipped. 35 watt 6000k's as well