HID kit problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boobie33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update: after having the Hid kits installed for low beam and fog light, they are working ok. Im having similar issues when leaving light switch in auto during dusk. Driving in the city at dusk, I drive in and out of sunlight and shadows from the buildings, and I can hear some kind of relay switching on and off the lights. It'll do it a couple times while im driving then all my gauges go crazy and ping. My trip odometer will reset too. I end up just manually switching the lights on now. Other then that im extremely happy with the upgrade.

B

bedrck46

almost sounds like you are having a large voltage drop which may cause the PCM to act up due to the voltage loss. Also could be a week battery or signs that the alternator is going bad. If you have access to a volt meter it may be wise to check your voltage and also do a load test by watching the meter and turning the lights on and other items such as the heater fan on high or have the a/c compressor come on There was a recent post and video on the forum as to how to preform this test. I'll see if I can find it and then post you a link to it

Last edited by a moderator:

boobie33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great! Thank you. Ill definitely try that.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. I never realized it could be as a result of the lights until reading this thread though. I'll check it out at the shop in a few.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never had a prob with my gauges

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

Stangy89

Reaction score
You can try the relay harness... You connect it straight to the battery and draws the necessary voltage from the battery to fire the HID instead of drawing it from the factory wire harness.

You can get them on ebay or Amazon. Search "HID Relay Harness"