Trans problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamusDemus

Reaction score
Good day all, I’m looking at picking up a 2019 platinum with 145,000 miles. It’s at a Ford dealership I actually like and have worked with for a few years.

During the test drive, it was hesitating on shifting and getting up to speed, although the engine in RPMs felt fine. Then it threw a transmission light. A few days later, they tell me that an intercooler pipe was loose and they fixed it. I asked them to have the transmission guy take a second look over it. The Carfax looks like the transmission was rebuilt or replaced maybe 40,000 miles ago. They couldn’t give me any information on that as it was done at some other place.

Engine itself feels good, they did tell me that the Cam phasers were taken care of by their dealership a while back, but did not elaborate on specifics. There was a slight oily leak in the rear diff that I caught that they fixed by replacing a pin/seal (so I’m told). The rest of the vehicle looked and feels good to me, I couldn’t get it on a rack, but I did get under it with the flashlight and checked quite a bit out.

I’m planning on checking it out again on Friday, in three days, and possibly purchasing it then. Anyone have any thoughts or concerns, or can tell me if the loose intercooler pipe could actually cause the transmission to act like it’s in limp mode?

Thanks everyone, you’ve actually been quite a big help on my previous expedition and I’m hoping to be more involved in the community.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the transmission was rebuilt 40K miles ago, then it was likely with the old CDF drum, and might be having the same problems again, and they'll be your expensive problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett