Hit and run... :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Its not too bad but I had some guy run a stop sign the other day and hit me. Banged up my rear wheel,side rear bumper and twisted the exhaust I just put on. Thankfully I used band clamps for the exhaust so instead of bending the piping it just twisted the exhaust joint inside the clamp and I was able to easily straighten it. As I assessed the damage to my car I realized the other driver who originally stopped decided to drive away at about 100mph. Unfortunately not knowing the status of my rear wheel and suspension I chose not to chase him but instead called 911. With no plate number I'm on the hook for my insurance deductible unless I can find the parts at a junk yard. Be safe driving out there

20180517_192721.jpg

20180517_192719_HDR.jpg

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Glad you're ok.

Yea now that you've gone through this get in the habit as soon as anything like this happens just get out and snap a pic of his plates asap.

Looks to be very minor thankfully, the rim I think is gonna be the hardest repair but seems like you got yourself a weekend project lol

Plati

Reaction score
I was parking at the Depot yesterday. Pulled left to swing into a tight spot on the right and a clown driver (female but it doesnt matter) attempted to pass me on the right. She almost hit me as I was starting to pull in. I parked and watched her leave the parking lot out the far exit. She was using the parking lot as a shortcut. Why are people in such a hurry and so stupid. America I guess.

News flash
Parking lots are where people park their vehicles.
Expect that to happen!

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I was parking at the Depot yesterday. Pulled left to swing into a tight spot on the right and a clown driver (female but it doesnt matter) attempted to pass me on the right. She almost hit me as I was starting to pull in. I parked and watched her leave the parking lot out the far exit. She was using the parking lot as a shortcut. Why are people in such a hurry and so stupid. America I guess.

Everyone is in a dying ******** rush to nowhere. I see it all the time.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
You got lucky

Idiot only did light material damage
You got that right. I'm just happy its minor but still ****** me off

Glad you're ok.

Yea now that you've gone through this get in the habit as soon as anything like this happens just get out and snap a pic of his plates asap.

Looks to be very minor thankfully, the rim I think is gonna be the hardest repair but seems like you got yourself a weekend project lol

He was gone 20 seconds later. I jumped out, looked at the car then looked back and he was speeding off. If he had stopped closer to me I probably could have got a plate but he stopped 150'-200' after the impact so it just wasn't possible.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im sure that driver wonders why they can’t get anywhere in life. They were likely scared they hit a nicer truck and ran. They will never have nice things, and they wonder why..... because they are a crappy person. Sorry about your truck gixer, it’s repairable though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
150 feet away???? Thats not called stopping after an impact, that's called hit-runaway-pause to check own vehicle-keep running
Yeah, a witness said he didn't even get out but unfortunately they didn't get a plate either. I just hope karma catches up with him

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani