Hooking up a sound system, help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wow good price for that pioneer. i would get it. if you dont like them then i would say jvc. mine has never quit on me and i got it off craigslist from a guy down the street. she only has 2 rca out puts. if you ever plan on adding a 4 channel amp for your speakers get something has front/rear/sub rca outputs. you wont have to buy another one. but i would say to buy one off sonic e. i know amazon has good prices, but sonic e will send you the wiring kit and mounting kit for it. might cost you $15 more, but its worth it. and it has a warranty and usually dont ask questions on why its broken.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pioneer is the way to go! Very reliable never quit on me, I did run my subs off of the signal to the stock eb sub for a while and it sounded pretty good, as mentioned earlier I had auto sensing amp and just ran a seperate power wire and ground to the amp, when I got my pioneer deck I just ran rca's and a remote wire (so I could kill the bass at will) and it was good to go

Sent from space using taptalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That connector hooks up to the factory rear door speaker wires to get the signal it needs for the rca's.

If you where to leave in the factory HU you could go that way but the stock Ford stereo's actually " cut " the bass out as the volume goes up to keep from blowing the speakers.

In other words you would not be happy with the sound!

that is true...BUT...before i put in my pioneer HU in my EB...i had the converter connected to the rear sub...and continued to install as normal...no cutting bass out...at least not for the powered subs...didnt care about the factory sub (garbage)...until recently...it was still that way and i still had full control of the sub...i could turn on/off...play with gain levels and everything else using the HU...still banged!!! so he could if he wired to sub instead of rear speakers...same concept...theoritcally...i think...im sure...

:hmm::hmm: :shrug::shrug: :pepper::dancingpoop::pepper:

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that is true...BUT...before i put in my pioneer HU in my EB...i had the converter connected to the rear sub...and continued to install as normal...no cutting bass out...at least not for the powered subs...didnt care about the factory sub (garbage)...until recently...it was still that way and i still had full control of the sub...i could turn on/off...play with gain levels and everything else using the HU...still banged!!! so he could if he wired to sub instead of rear speakers...same concept...theoritcally...i think...im sure...

:hmm::hmm: :shrug::shrug: :pepper::dancingpoop::pepper:

I'm really confused but I'm hoping what your saying is I can just hook my subs from the rear old factory sub wires...?? Just throw a bigger amp in & take out the factory..?? Or am I going to have to run new, bigger wires all to the front? =(

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really confused but I'm hoping what your saying is I can just hook my subs from the rear old factory sub wires...?? Just throw a bigger amp in & take out the factory..?? Or am I going to have to run new, bigger wires all to the front? =(

you tap into the wires on the factory sub for the converter and you wont have to touch the factory HU...

so....

power line from battery to amp
ground line from truck to amp
remote line from fuse box for ignition switch (used multimeter)
rca from amp to converter
speaker wire from amp to rear speakers
converter to factory sub +/- wires or rear speakers

regardless if you dont swap the HU then you'll need the converter

SunsetAZ

Reaction score
hey man lift up the carpet on the passenger side floorboard. there will be a drain plug. drill out a hole to fit your power wire and it goes right to the battery nice and clean. dont drill a hole in your firewall if you dont need to. and when running wires from door to door just tape the wire to a zip tie and pull it. thats what i did and it was easy, i wired up my stereo in a hour start to finish :)