how much lift with air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kapitan95

Reaction score
I just put some 315s on the expedition. I am contemplating getting the conversion kit from monroe and doing the torsion twist and rear spacer, but from what ive read i am only looking at 2" of lift. im against the body lift because of cost. Now how much lift can I get just with torsion twist and adjusted the height sensor on the air ride? I ve also read about the sensatrack 58518 giving an additional 2" longer coilover, would this coilover give me extra lift on top of the torsion twist 2"? Finnaly , will a 2 " lift give me decent clearence for the 315s tires?

huklebuk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure what size tire you are trying to put on. If they are 35's you are going to have to use a 3 inch body lift minimum. Dont know what your budget is but I bought my kit for 185 (this was 4 years ago) and paid someone to do it but you can do it yourself. I still get a bit of rub even with that. I also have the rear coil spring spacer on the back to make it sit a little higher in the rear. 33's will fit no problem, no lift or torsion twist needed.

OP
OP
K

kapitan95

Reaction score
315 70 17s.

let me re word. i have 315 70 17 bfg kos, im looking to see if the airide could give me some lift. im looking at the monroe conversion, but would like to now if they have a coilover for the front (with some lift). everyone suggest a body lift, but im skeptical of having all those parts being touched and adjusted. ive read about adjusting the height sensor on the 4 wheel air ride system for some lift, but i am unsure how much lift i can get out of them.

huklebuk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
let me re word. i have 315 70 17 bfg kos, im looking to see if the airide could give me some lift. im looking at the monroe conversion, but would like to now if they have a coilover for the front (with some lift). everyone suggest a body lift, but im skeptical of having all those parts being touched and adjusted. ive read about adjusting the height sensor on the 4 wheel air ride system for some lift, but i am unsure how much lift i can get out of them.

That equates to a tire size of 34 1/2 inches. I have personally had no problems with my body lift, and I've done some pretty heavy off roading, alot in the desert over rocky terrain. Didnt break any of the bushings, I did however break the front sway bar mount. I had a 4x4 shop do mine and he did it in less than a day, its just lifting the body off the frame. The kit I had came with a steering extension and that was the only thing other than the body spacers. As far as I know you dont have to reroute wiring or anything crazy like that. Like I said before I run 35's and I had to use the body lift to get the clearance. Its going to be real tight without it. I dont think you are going to get enough lift out of the airbags but I could be wrong, I dont know enough about them, I have coils. I also have the air lift coil spring helpers, which are bags inside the coils that stiffen it up when I tow but I dont have extra lift. I used coil spring spacers to lift up the rear a little bit.