How tall is my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RevBBD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
B

bedrck46

best bet would be to get off the computer and go outside and measure it as you may get different answers on here plus many other items will affect the height of your expy Take a 2x4 lumber and lay it across the highest point on your roof and measure to the ground Then write that figure on a piece of paper and tape it to your dash so you never forget

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
sooooooooooo...what brought this into question?

Parking garages??

I measured mine before venturing in some parking garages in downtown Baltimore. It clears by a few inches according to their posted height limit but hits the bar as you enter.

I still feel as if I should duck driving through it..:eek:

OP
OP
M

Mangina

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Parking garages??

I measured mine before venturing in some parking garages in downtown Baltimore. It clears by a few inches according to their posted height limit but hits the bar as you enter.

Lol, thatès totally what it was. I was going into a parkade marked as 6'-6" and I could hear the little warning bar bouncing along the roof. I had to do one of those Austin Powers 80 point turns on the ramp to turn around and get back out.

OP
OP
M

Mangina

Full Access Members
Reaction score
best bet would be to get off the computer and go outside and measure it as you may get different answers on here plus many other items will affect the height of your expy Take a 2x4 lumber and lay it across the highest point on your roof and measure to the ground Then write that figure on a piece of paper and tape it to your dash so you never forget

Good idea.

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Parking garages??

I still feel as if I should duck driving through it..:eek:

My girlfriend gives me shit because I really do duck instinctively as I drive into a parking garage, :signs6:

OP
OP
M

Mangina

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My girlfriend gives me shit because I really do duck instinctively as I drive into a parking garage, :signs6:

Sort of related, but does anyone know how much leeway they usually give you in those parking garages? Say they post clearance as 6'6", do they actually make the parkade 6'7" so nobody has any issues?

I'd like to think they would give it some extra clearance when you consider all the sloping concrete floors, ramps, fire sprinkler pipes and stuff, but I haven't been able to find anything.

Or do they physically go in and measure every single point in the parkade?