How to get more out of this tank.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckinfouble

Reaction score
My wife has an 05 Expedition that she refuses to get rid of. Im in the process of getting parts to do a front clip update to an 07 as well as rebuild the motor that has seen better days. I plan on headers, highflow cats, true duel with H-Pipe, better sway bars, new struts, programmer, and a repaint. I know its not gonna be cheap, but still less than another used vehicle and it will be stronger in the end than it is now.

My question is, does anybody offer any performance upgrades for the motor and trans.....IE: Machine the Heads, better valve springs, cams, valve body, ect?

Big White

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Short of putting a huffer on it, not much. Not sure if you have experience with headers, but they (at least in my case) were far from maintenance free, and the payoff will not be there for mileage. For my wife's ride in particular, they would not be an appropriate choice. YMMV.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would swap over to the late 08+ heads to get the better spark plug set up. You can get the heads machined. I don't know if port work would be worth it on a vehicle that needs low end grunt. How much more are you looking to get out of it?

OP
OP
T

truckinfouble

Reaction score
Im not looking to make a 12second 1/4 by any means. If I could get 350 out of this I would be happy. It is a 330 and should have more than it does. What all is needed for an 08 head swap?

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im not looking to make a 12second 1/4 by any means. If I could get 350 out of this I would be happy. It is a 330 and should have more than it does. What all is needed for an 08 head swap?

AFAIK you need the heads and the brown boots for the COPs. Everything else bolts right on.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i get 350 easy...do your exhaust...get a programmer and 5-star tuning on the vendor page here is having specials starting tomorrow...intake or gotts mod...efans...royal purple or some other synthetic oil...lucas oil...sea foam

OP
OP
T

truckinfouble

Reaction score
Im curious about something, The Navigator and Expedition both use the same 5.4 block right? Will the Navi. 4V heads and intake bolt up to the Expedition with little or no hassle? Both use the same cam phasers right?

OP
OP
T

truckinfouble

Reaction score
OK, so before all the, "it can't be done" starts.......Yes it can and has been......It is too involved for what I want to do.

Oh well, back to the thinking box.