How to unlock 2018 Expedition with a key?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5 years? I am so envious- we get 2 with the type of heat we experience here. I am glad to know how to gain access should that happen.

Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Fordalways

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Using the Key Blade
The key cylinder is under the driver side door handle. To access the cylinder:
E251885_EUR.JPG

1. Pull the handle and hold it.
  1. While holding the handle outward, identify the cylinder and insert the key blade into the slot.
  1. Actuate the cylinder to unlock or lock the door.
In other words, I think it is just "revealed" when you pull the door handle.

OP
OP
Fordalways

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, that was way too simple a solution and I and the dealer are guilty of overlooking the obvious. Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
Fordalways

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score
^^ That'll do it.

Short story somewhat related, might help somebody someday - Parked at the airport a few years ago in an F150. Locked keys inside like normal and returned days later to a dead battery. Coworker was on the same flight, parked nearby and he determined he could momentarily place a jumper wire from his truck to one of my 7-pin trailer connectors while I dialed the door keypad to unlock the doors. The outlet cover showed which pin was constant 12V, which normally charges your trailer battery while towing. Its the pin at about the 1:00 position. Once the doors unlocked he pulled the jumper off. I was then able to pop the hood and do a conventional jump start.

That's an interesting solution. I had always thought that the starting battery was disconnected from the trailer charging line by a relay provided in the towing package to prevent battery drain if the trailer was left connected. Don't knock success.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turro15