Howdy from me and my new (old) 2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benm

Reaction score
Checking in from North GA. Just went to Knoxville over the weekend to get a 2006 King Ranch. Has 129k miles on it, and it's in pretty good shape. A few issues, but nothing too bad.

Of course on the way home from paying cash for a car, the check engine light comes on. It was code P0506, so I took out the throttle body when I got home and cleaned a bunch of carbon off it, and I reset the PCM. Seems to idle more steady now (it seemed to be idling a bit low before) and the light hasn't come back on yet. We'll see if that fixes it.

Next items on the list are:
  • Replace the rear park sensors (they should be here this week, getting a check rear park assist error)
  • Remove the front seats and deep clean under them (previous owner had a dog in there a lot, I am guessing)
  • Install the new CarPlay system I got (that factory radio is some hilarious state-of-the-art tech for 2006)
  • Get new tires and new TPMS sensors (getting a TPMS fault error)
Otherwise, I really like the vehicle. I'm coming from a Crosstrek that I bought new four years ago. So, like this thing feels like a boat, but it also has soooo much more power and space. And it's paid for. I really like it so far.

This is the dealer's photo. Haven't taken one myself yet. I removed the air deflectors. It has 20" F-150 wheels (takeoffs from maybe 2015 or so?), which I think look really nice.

Y'all have any pointers for me as a new Expy owner?

IMG_3381.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnorman