New Member from North Utah

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HVYMETL

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Excited to be part of this community and learn as much about my new truck as possible. After months of deliberation and final buy-in by my entire family, we just bought our 2020 Max with the 303A Stealth limited package this last April and with 43k miles on it. We've never owned a vehicle this new before, and our twin, 8 year-old boys were thrilled that they actually get their own seat warmers, radio controls, and climate controls (when I don't lock it out 'cause they're actin' fools, that is!) It wasn't until after the purchase that I learned what stealth anything was, so I am not completely bummed that we didn't get the 304A package, but it would have been that much more money and probably that much harder used. As it is, it is wonderfully imperfect with its share of rubs, scratches and scrapes on the outside, but is quite clean on the inside. Previous owners saw fit to cover entire floor in WeatherTech, which I wholeheartedly agree with, and I have added a Canvasback cargo liner kit and Husky cargo tray to the way back to help keep the dog hair out of the fabric, and help protect the bed. This vehicle replaces a 2009 Nissan Frontier we had for 12 years, so it is going to have to pull some limited light truck duty and I can't just spray out the bed when I'm done with the job!
After the first week of ownership and still without permanent plates, we took a 1600 mile road trip. Kinda ballsy in an untried vehicle, but it didn't leave us stranded, got us around safely, and was a blast to drive, but we did discover a transmission issue that Ford remedied after our return by replacing the tranny's main valve assembly. Thank God we are still under powertrain warranty! That done, it seems to shift much better now, but after reading many of the tuning posts here I can't help but think that it could improve even more, so figure that may be in the near future. It has the HD tow package and I will be doing some light towing, and a proper tune set will help with that as well.
I look forward to learning as much as possible about our new ride from all the experience and wisdom being dropped in this forum from all of your generous contributions. Thanks for letting me take part!