Hvac issues!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not yet. Haven’t had time but it’s on my list and will be done in the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5x10

Reaction score
My rear ac isn’t blowing cold
Front ac is fine

also the blower?

Don Pitchers

Reaction score
Good Morning all. I have a 2015 Expedition and the front blower motor has stopped. Replaced the resistor (See Picture) as it had a scorched pin. Still no blower. Went on to replace the relay and 40A fuse and still nothing. I have event tried to suggestions of wiggling the resistor harness and nothing. Any other suggestions. I am scheduled to take it to the dealership tomorrow to have them look at it.

20200719_114658[1].jpg

Michael McC

Reaction score
Having similar issues. 2016 KR with dual zone climate. Front fans went out, then rear. I have tried a new relay, resistor, and checked fuses. Thinking of replacing the climate control module (Motorcraft CCM73). Anyone have any other advice? Doubt it’s blower motor. That would not explain rear going out. Also, outside temp is not working. Shows dashes where numbers should be.

Last edited:

Michael McC

Reaction score
Follow-up. Bought the CCM. Replaced it. Had to remove the middle dash panel and the CD player and APIC (nav/radio/etc.). The CCM is mounted under the dash behind the APIC. Then, since the CCM is delivered "asleep" (according to the technicians) I had to pay someone to program it. A/C now works again. Posting for reference in case anyone looks up what to do when their A/C quits blowing.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Then, since the CCM is delivered "asleep" (according to the technicians) I had to pay someone to program it.
Thank again EPA overeach. Trucks made for the US market have "limited" interior cooling programming, to "suggest and advance lower home cooling and energy use". Regardless of how low you set the temperature setting, you get a "modulated" response. Meanwhile, trucks exported to Dubai put ice on the windows.

You might want to consider this on Election Day, unless, of course you believe paying $70,000 to sweat in traffic is your patriotic duty; saving whales and stuff.

Last edited:

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Follow-up. Bought the CCM. Replaced it. Had to remove the middle dash panel and the CD player and APIC (nav/radio/etc.). The CCM is mounted under the dash behind the APIC. Then, since the CCM is delivered "asleep" (according to the technicians) I had to pay someone to program it. A/C now works again. Posting for reference in case anyone looks up what to do when their A/C quits blowing.

Any thoughts or ideas why the CCM died?

adamsdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Michael McC What made you decide to replace the CCM instead of throwing other parts at it? Just curious cause I wouldn't have suspected a module - not that I know anything about cars. In addition, did you figure out on your own how to take apart the dash or did you find a YouTube video or how to somewhere?

sterlinga

Reaction score
I saw many ended up replacing this Control Board unit.
Is the fre-programming is done after the installation is buttoned up or while the dash is open?

For me. 6 months ago FORD replaced my blower motor (ONLY) per the recall, it still only worked intermittently so they diagnosed a need to replace, at my expense,
(Motorcraft) YH-1829 A/C Blower Motor Switch / Resistor AND the pigtail connector since the connection had fused from overheating.
THOSE were NOT covered by the recall notwithstanding 100's or more complaints to FORD and NHTSA.

However, it then ONLY worked on high.
ALWAYS on high. If the key was on, the HVAC ON/OFF was useless (It's LED would go off and on but not the blower.) Likewise speed + and - did nothing. EVERY OTHER FUNCTION/Button worked fine. Temperature could be regulated and Rear A/C could be activated just fine,

Yesterday, $595 later, FORD has diagnosed the Control Board (FL1Z-19980-K) in the dash. Didn't replace it because FL1Z-19980-K is on a nationwide backorder with no ETA.
Oh, and when/if it does become available, FORD wants $758 to install (part, tax and labor).

BTW, I have a irrepressible suspicion that the Control Board Relay overheating failure is linked to the overheating/fused resistor connection, all stemming from the Blower Motor overheating failure that FORD did agree to recall