I need help fast with grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys I am installing my new grille, but I need a lot of help.

So far I've removed the headlights/parking lights, removed the plastic housing on top of the grille, unscrewed the front thing that holds the grille (8 screws I think) and removed the tabs holding that piece on the bottom.

There are two large tabs holding the grille into place (below the radiator) that I don't know how to get off. After getting those 2 things off that will remove the front housing completely and after that how do I remove the plastic OEM grille from it?

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you have to pinch and pull at the same time on the 2 long brackets. There is a metal clip on end of each of the two long plastic pieces. As for removing the grill i used a flat head screw driver and needle nose pliers to slowly remove the OEM grill it just took patience for me.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you have to pinch and pull at the same time on the 2 long brackets. There is a metal clip on end of each of the two long plastic pieces. As for removing the grill i used a flat head screw driver and needle nose pliers to slowly remove the OEM grill it just took patience for me.

Can you be a little bit more detailed? I tried going back and pinching on whatever but there really isn't anything to pinch.

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At the end of the 2 long brackets there are metal clips. If you have removed all the screws which should be the 1. ones on the top (6total i believe)2. the ones behind the signal lights (4 total 2 on each side) & 3. the plastic stoppers or what ever there called(they snap in) at the bottom (i think 8 total 4 on each side), then you should be able to just pull the whole thing strait out. those long clips are more for support and if all the screws and stoppers are out then you should be able to jut pull it strait with no issues at all.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At the end of the 2 long brackets there are metal clips. If you have removed all the screws which should be the 1. ones on the top (6total i believe)2. the ones behind the signal lights (4 total 2 on each side) & 3. the plastic stoppers or what ever there called(they snap in) at the bottom (i think 8 total 4 on each side), then you should be able to just pull the whole thing strait out. those long clips are more for support and if all the screws and stoppers are out then you should be able to jut pull it strait with no issues at all.

I guess I need to pull harder? I don't want to break anything... And all of the screws and fasteners that you mentioned were removed, like I said it's just those 2 brackets that are keeping me from getting it off.

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
try pinching the metal with a needle nose pliers or something. i just did mine yesterday and it just came right out. My metal bracket was a little lose so maybe thats why it was so easy.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
try pinching the metal with a needle nose pliers or something. i just did mine yesterday and it just came right out. My metal bracket was a little lose so maybe thats why it was so easy.

ok I finally got the damn thing off, after tons of blood was dripping from my hands... It was REALLY stuck on there.

Anyways... now I don't know how to install the stupid grille.

Does it mount to the front end housing that I took off, or does it mount to the truck itself?

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it mounts to the housing. You should see the factory grill is held on by clips. take your time and wedge them off. I just went in a circle.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it mounts to the housing. You should see the factory grill is held on by clips. take your time and wedge them off. I just went in a circle.

I cut them all off with pliers and ended up breaking off a piece of the housing... I got really pissed off, but I super glued it back on and now you can't even tell. But all those little tabs are off and the aftermarket grille is sitting on top, but i don't know how to mount it? It comes with screws and tabs... that's it. No instructions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegerb50