I really need o2 sensor help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yunghouse

Reaction score
I have a 98 Ford Expedition with a 4.6 4r70w. And i have a code p0136 and p1151. My truck was always slow accelerating i guess cause of the 4.6. Buh it recently gotten worse. I would have to put it in 1 or 2 so it could take off faster than throw it back in D and it wud change gears and everything like it should i was doin this til my o2 sensor came in. But now my truck wont move at all in D no matter if im rolling or now. I want know is a bad o2 normal for messing up accelerating or is it a trans prob? I HAVE NO OD LIGHT FLASHING AND MY CODES ARE P0136 and p1151

Shabadoo

Reaction score
Solely based on the codes you provided, it is not a transmission issue. P0136 looks like an O2 sensor circuit malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 2) and P1151 seems to be the upstream bank 2 sensor indicating lean. A cursory glance online shows the best place to begin would be checking for vacuum leaks and exhaust leaks along with examining the wiring harness for the O2 sensors.

A possible troubleshooting option (which I have never tried nor do I know if it will work as I say) would be unplugging the upstream O2 sensors. In theory, this should force the vehicle into open loop fueling. If your problems disappear, your O2 sensors may be to blame or you may have an exhaust leak. Basically anything which could cause faulty readings from the O2 sensors is possible. If your problem is still there, then a vacuum leak seems more likely. Once again, I cannot guarantee unplugging the O2 sensors will cause open loop fueling. Possibly another member can confirm or deny. Additionally, tampering with the emissions system is illegal so this should not be used as a fix but a troubleshooting method.

I'm slightly confused regarding your description of the transmission shifts, etc...so I cannot say whether or not you have an issue with your transmission as well.

OP
OP
Y

Yunghouse

Reaction score
Well when i tried to screw it off it didnt change anythng and but noticed oil or dirt on the wire close to the o2 end buh i kudnt get it off so im waiting to get it taken to a shop. I hope that it so i can save money