if you cant dodge it - RAM it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
leaving a parking lot the other day, a lady with a '02ish dodge ram that had not been washed in atleast a year was parked over the line into my spot..it was pretty tight. i was not paying close enough attention and just bumped it right at the left rear wheel well. i did not see any damage to her truck but i left a note, i'm a honest person and felt i had to. well now she made a claim saying there is damage to her truck...i didnt see any so i'm letting the insurance company deal with it. it just ****** me off i try to do the right thing and get screwed.:Wedgie:

this is what it did to the expy...i allready needed to repaint the bumper pad anyhow so it did not bother me.

003-49.jpg

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that sucks dude. if you dont see any damage then just leave. theres damage then leave. thats how i see it. but that sucks. but now you should just bed line it!

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At least you left a note and where honest about it. We had some A$$ in El paso, TX take out my wifes bumper, headlight and passanger fender and just take off. Thank god we had full coverage!

Attachments

• 0214101222.jpg
    0214101222.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 0222100742.jpg
    0222100742.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 76
  • 0404101807.jpg
    0404101807.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 82

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
being in the insurance business I would of taken pics showing that there was no damage because now for all you know she could of taken a sludge hammer to her bumper.. Always take as many pics and video as possible.. I always tell my clients that CYA!!! Good to see that you were honest though. IT takes a lot to do what you did most people just leave, I see it all the time

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i know i should have taken pics when it happend...but i was really pissed off plus half late for another appointment so i did not. i did speak with my insurance and they said they are sending a estimator out to look at her truck and they are also going to compare what they see with the very slight damage to my truck. if they dont feel the damage is possible they wont pay out.

i felt i had to leave a note, i'm just one of those people. if somebody hit my truck even if it did not do any damage i'd still like a note to own up to what happened. i'm too honest sometimes.

i wont be bed lining it lol i need a new bumper anyhow since this one is tweeked from a wreck this winter. i'll just get a new bumper pad and paint it to match or re-use this one we shall see.

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that sucks dude. if you dont see any damage then just leave. theres damage then leave. thats how i see it. but that sucks. but now you should just bed line it!

We do that here in Miami too lol... No but if there is damage there's a difference but it sounds like she had it coming

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats why i used to make sure i had a camera in my rides...now with cell phones...you MUST ALWAYS TAKE PICS!!! then your arguement wouldve been the proof that there wasnt any damage...better luck if this is to ever happen again...

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
some one told me that digital photos were no good in this case so i have always kept a disposable camera in the cars just in case...

but either way ALWAYS TAKE PICS just to CYA

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i had my digi cam in my pocket too, but just did not think about it.

oh well we'll see what they have to say about it.

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guy around here got T-boned by a woman driving in pouring rain with her lights off so he did not see her coming and backed out of his driveway. He immediately took a picture of her car with the lights off even before he read her the riot act about being an idiot. She turned them right on and then claimed to the cops that showed up that she did have them on. Well he pulled his phone out and much fun ensued for her. Nice to have 5MP minimum for most smartphones now. Heck, I know of people who take pics of the license plates of the cars parked next to them whenever they go somewhere. That is a little excessive but I'm sure there was a really bad experience at some point to cause that sort of behavior...

Personally, I will never leave a note if I bump someone and do no damage. Call me an @$$ but I've heard too many horror stories like yours where people will claim anything. Even if there is no cosmetic damage, the person might be having transmission problems or something and all they have to do is be like "well my car started driving funny the second I started it so I don't know what they did when they hit me". No way that would happen from a 5mph bump in a parking lot but you know how that sort of thing goes...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt