Information about instrument cluster lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ulyyoung

Reaction score
I have a 2001 expedition, manufacture date is 04/01.

I did research all over the place looking for information or part numbers for the instrument cluster bulbs, but to no avail. I ordered a set of led lights that are supposed to fit, but they were a different style of bulb... After much homework, I am here to share my experience, some oem part numbers as well as information about bulb styles.

The smaller bulb that is used in the turn signal indicators, high beam light, and whatever other lights are in the dash and not on board LED, Ford part number is 5F9Z-13B765-AA.

The larger bulb that is used for the backlight illumination is 6L2Z-13466-A. Technically, these bulbs will interchange and fit in either of the sockets, but from the factory one light is a bigger bulb then the other.

If you are looking to put LEDs in, the correct sockets I needed to get were B8.5D, or B8.4D, the only difference I can really tell in these is that the B8.4D puts the bulb closer to the cluster, with the LEDs I bought, one of the sockets was too close to the lens with the B8.4D, so I put a B8.5D in that spot. I think the B8.5D would fit in all of the spots. If you end up getting the PC74 or PC37 sockets, they have a different style twist lock that did not work for mine.

Hope this helps anyone looking to replace their instrument lights.

Ramon Triton

Reaction score
wow thanks for this!

is there a way to have illuminated dashlight without having to turn parking or head lights on?

sometimes its dark inside truck even in day time.

r34p3r88

Reaction score
I replaced my old illumination bulbs with these pc74 led and my speedometer and rev meter still don't light up. Also I put led into factory socket is that an issue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: