Instrument Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69mach1

Reaction score
Hi All.
I was at the pull and pay getting another steering column, the donor truck had a pristine instrument cluster and mine the one in my truck the previous owner broke off the check engine bulb.
I put the newer one in and its shows 40.000 more miles than my truck.
How can I correct this?
Is the something I need to transfer from the old one?
Thanks

kep5niner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had to replace my instrument cluster on my EB as well. The message center was INOP. From what I’ve seen, the older Fords are not able to be updated like the newer ones, for instance using ForeScan or FOCCCUS (Rusky hack software) like I used on my Focus’s instrument cluster when the IPC went TU. With that software, you could change the odometer to anything higher than what was indicated on the used cluster, so that worked for my case.

The odometer is married to the cluster. I’m certain there are companies you can send the cluster to that would change the odometer, if you provided documentation for the miles, and a few greenbacks. Alternatively, the cluster bulbs are serviceable, as well as the clear plastic. Maybe between the old cluster and new cluster, you could put together a combination of the two that is aesthetically and functionally sound.