injector shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elighthunter

Reaction score
ok so just a thought. I do a crap ton of highway miles. Any posible way to control the injectors? mabe shut a few off on the highway? for better mpg of coarse. But It would have to be a switch or something because I tow stuff I need my v8

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have thought about this for a variable displacement setup, but it causes major issues with the computer and it dumps fuel to the other cylinders because the oxygen sensors see the lean cylinders and tries to richen up the rest.

Matt R

OP
OP
E

elighthunter

Reaction score
well... then lets trick the computer! block the fuel lines to the injectors. Makes the comp thing the injectors are still spitting out. As far as displacement goes... when your on the highway for more than an our you really won't notice unless your gunning it.... but can it be done?

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no i'm saying the other sensors like the oxygen sensors in the exhaust would see the "dead air" coming from the cylinders not getting fuel and richen all the other cylinders.

I have thought about this in depth and there are centain scanarios that it would work but it is not as easy as shutting off injectors.

Matt R

OP
OP
E

elighthunter

Reaction score
lol so it has to do with the air flow exhaust plus more? very interested I'll have to gooogle this this is good stuff anything more you know about this please tell.

bubbadabulldawg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish Ford or somebody could develop this, GM uses the 8-6-4 setup and it works flawlessly. I had rented an '07 Monte Carlo SS has a 5.3L small-block V-8 that’s good for 303 horsepower and 323 lb-ft of torque. The 5.3L V-8 uses Displacement on Demand technology to regulate between eight-cylinder and four-cylinder operation, and I'll tell you I drove it 7 hours straight on the highway through the Adirondack Mountains and then crossed over Lake Champlain into Vermont where I was less than 3 miles from Canada and drove back home for a total milage trip of 530 miles on a single tankfull of 17 gallons of gas. Crusing on the highway the car's dash computer said I was getting 38 mpg and was driving in 4 cyl mode. If Ford came out with a kit tomorrow where it could perform like that for a $1000 dollars I would buy it in a heartbeat, I just bought 25.616 gallons of gas this past Saturday afternoon @ $3.65 a gallon cost me $94.75 and then I just refilled the gastank again Thursday at the cost of $77.75 for 3/4 tank @ $3.72 a gallon! A coworker drives a Chevy Suburban and she gets 18 mpg driving it around town where I am getting 10 mpg!

XLTman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
^^ Yep bubba someone ought to invent a kit for better gas mileage i am sure it can be done but it would be really expensive

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev