Installed new LED's in my 2003 yesterday.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldMedic

Reaction score
Properly aimed LED lights provide MUCH better illumination at night than Halogen lights do.

I have converted every light, except the turn signals, in my 2004 Expedition to LED's.

If I could get to the flasher in my vehicle, I'd convert the turn signals too.

04EddyExpy

Reaction score
Properly aimed LED lights provide MUCH better illumination at night than Halogen lights do.

I have converted every light, except the turn signals, in my 2004 Expedition to LED's.

If I could get to the flasher in my vehicle, I'd convert the turn signals too.
Mine is pretty much the opposite. The stock headlight housings don't focus the LED light very well, no matter how you aim them. In fact, they scatter it quite a bit instead. You really need projector housings on the 2nd gen Expeditions. It seems brighter when you first install them, but you'll realize over time you don't get the same distance from LEDs in the stock housings. The brights will ultimately be less effective. Not to mention, stock housings w/ LEDs are MUCH brighter to oncoming traffic because of the scattered light. It's a good way to cause an accident, especially if they're elderly.

Also - on mine, when I went full LED it caused a lot of voltage issues, even with the LED-friendly flasher. My headlights would flicker after turning them off and eventually both burned out. So as of now I'm running with all LEDs (interior included) with an LED flasher and Sylvania superbrights for the headlights. I have no more issues other than occasionally the turn signals will change speeds. Although not as fast as hyperflash.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know what is wrong with the OEM stock headlights, both my '04 & '16 have adequate head lights. The '16 is the best yet.

OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a set in my Lightning. Yeah they look great for pictures but I absolutely hate driving with them at night. They just dont seem to have the throw that halogens have.

really? Yours don't? So far I have noticed how much better they work in both my vehicles.

Kryo-Genik

Reaction score
really? Yours don't? So far I have noticed how much better they work in both my vehicles.

Yup and I hate the *******. In the factory SVT body they just dont focus the light well enough to throw it for shit. In pics they look good. In reality they are dog shit.

treagan82

Reaction score
I bought some LED's off Amazon for $36.99 a set. They fit perfect in the housing and behind the weather cap. I tried them.out this morning when it was dark, and Damn they are awesome! Will see how long they last for, but anyone trying to get the HID color look for their headlights, this is perfect!

BEAMTECH 9006 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh HB4 CSP Chips Conversion Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHDW23Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uuCUDb681CN0P

I installed these in the fog lamps, and work great too. Not as HID look as the headlights, but are close.

Alla Lighting 9145 H10 LED Fog Light Bulbs 2800 Lumens Xtremely Super Bright 9140 9045 9155 9040 5730 33-SMD 12V PY20D Fog Lights Replacement for Cars, Trucks, 6000K Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H6YJN1Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_oxCUDbC8XSY0E

Sorry if the picture is a little blurry...

View attachment 32964
Looking to upgrade really soon, how did these end up working out?