Introducing Lilly my Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barigyasi

Reaction score
Build Thread 99XLT (Lilly)

sup everyone, i've been lurking this forum for a while now and i'm finally ready to start my build thread for my expy. Her name is Lilly and shes a 1999 2wd XLT, Greenish Grey, with a 4.6L V8 of course. She's got 220,000 miles on the ODO, but purrs like a newborn. I will post pictures and work/mods that i've done up to present day, and my plans for her bright future ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

barigyasi

Reaction score
when i first got her!

Then i painted stock wheels black

Then i got in a literal fender bender,

Fixed the fender with a new OEM replacement, and banged the door back out right.

The signal lamp was still busted, and remained busted for a while, i just replaced the amber bulb.

Then she got a new exhaust pipe,

sorry this is the only picture i have of the installation!

Then i decided i wanted to get some yellow fog lights, so i made a HUGE mistake and bought these

They are garbage, the "yellow" tint ended up burning away, and i had to take them apart and re-paint them with some transparent yellow paint. They did not end well, but i re-mounted them behind the grill for show until I can get some real HID 3000k fog lights installed.

I then decided to switch my color scheme up and start blacking her out!

Also added this new toy with a back-up camera

This is Lilly all cleaned up, with some tire shine still on the tires, which are new but i dont have a good picture of them right now!

OP
OP
B

barigyasi

Reaction score
future plans are,

within a month:
-tint windows
-plasti dip all remaining trim/chrome
-install new projector HID's with 12000k bulbs (i know its a crazy color)

within a year:
-swap bottom bumper for one with fog light inserts, order OEM foglights and bracket, use yellow vinyl and install HID fogs.
-i'd like to get a performance tuner
-some sort of lift w/ new tires and wheels
-paint flat black fender to match the rest of the car

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
:welcome:

Very clean expy.

Last edited:

Plavin1991

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey do u have a thread on ur install with those lights? Could u go into detail on it? I would like to know how to take off the grill... I cant seem to get the plastic plugs out... they are a pain in the ass! Also I only see two screws... what gives?

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how do you post pictures I need to show off my expy

OP
OP
B

barigyasi

Reaction score
Hey do u have a thread on ur install with those lights? Could u go into detail on it? I would like to know how to take off the grill... I cant seem to get the plastic plugs out... they are a pain in the ass! Also I only see two screws... what gives?

I will do a write up when i get my new projectors in the mail in a couple of weeks, which lights are you talking about though?

And thanks everyone for the positive feedback