IPC Programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gergnamenorg

Reaction score
First I have read the entire 87 pg thread. and either I have been struck dumb, or something is wack, but I cannot get the headlight and fog light indicators to turn off. I found multiple references to change as follows...
headlight 720-03-01: 6004 BB00 00xx > 4004 BB00 OOxx
fog light 720-01-02: 240B 10xx > 240B 00xx

i tried Loading Factory As-Built, and here are the values I have now...
headlight 720-03-01: 2004 2300 0072
fog light 720-01-02: 240B 1069

when I tried to change the 1 digit I get "Incorrect checksum of data entered". i have done other CHANGES successfully (mostly in BCM), so this is extremely frustrating. if i am being stupid I can live with that if ultimately I can turn off those big green indicators. any help would be appreciated

gg

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What year, and what are you ultimately trying to accomplish? Did you save your stock module config before you started making changes?

OP
OP
G

gergnamenorg

Reaction score
2017 I did back up but so far have not gotten past the errors to save any changes. I am just trying to turn off the green headlight and fog light indicators lights on dash.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2017 I did back up but so far have not gotten past the errors to save any changes. I am just trying to turn off the green headlight and fog light indicators lights on dash.
Is there a particular reason you want the indicator lights to disappear? My wife has the same lousy styled dash on her 2020 edge and the icons are BIG, but they serve a function. Without them I may not realize I don’t have lights on at night with as bright as the DRLs are on the edge.

OP
OP
G

gergnamenorg

Reaction score
Is there a particular reason you want the indicator lights to disappear? My wife has the same lousy styled dash on her 2020 edge and the icons are BIG, but they serve a function. Without them I may not realize I don’t have lights on at night with as bright as the DRLs are on the edge.
I have set Daytime Running Lights and the lights knob set for Auto, so I never touch it. I always have lights... I don't need or want those BIG GREEN indicators always on. Just a preference.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First I have read the entire 87 pg thread. and either I have been struck dumb, or something is wack, but I cannot get the headlight and fog light indicators to turn off. I found multiple references to change as follows...
headlight 720-03-01: 6004 BB00 00xx > 4004 BB00 OOxx
fog light 720-01-02: 240B 10xx > 240B 00xx

i tried Loading Factory As-Built, and here are the values I have now...
headlight 720-03-01: 2004 2300 0072
fog light 720-01-02: 240B 1069

when I tried to change the 1 digit I get "Incorrect checksum of data entered". i have done other CHANGES successfully (mostly in BCM), so this is extremely frustrating. if i am being stupid I can live with that if ultimately I can turn off those big green indicators. any help would be appreciated

gg
Okay below is you as-built and then next to it are changes to try. This is for 2015-2017 model year expeditions - please note that code may have been changed by ford during this time and the below modifications may not work!
Changes to make are in red.
as-built headlight - 720-03-01: 2004 2300 0072 modified as-built headlight - 720-03-01: 4004 2300 0072
as-built fog light - 720-01-02: 240B 1069 modified as-built fog light - 720-01-02: 240B 0069

Attachments

• FORScan Codes-Expedition - 2015-2017.pdf
    104.2 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
G

gergnamenorg

Reaction score
when I try to write the change it starts but stops and I get 2 error messages: the vehicle conditions are incorrect, and service procedure has been terminated. I am thinking it might be the POS cheapo obdii adapter? does this sound right? I already ordered an OBDLinkEX as replacement.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It may be the OBD2 adapter. Does you adapter have a manual switch on it to switch from high and low CANBUS? If it does make sure youve got the switch set for the correct CANBUS you’re working with or else it will error out.

What version of Forscan are you using? Are you using a free version, mobile version or a paid for licensed version.

The free use one used to come with a 2 week license that allowed you to fully use the software, this is not the case anymore and you’ll need to purchase a license, if you haven’t done so already.

These are quick things to check before the new adapter comes in.

OP
OP
G

gergnamenorg

Reaction score
the adapter does have switch and i tried it in borh positions. I purchased a 1yr license after the 2 mos expired (because it was easier than reloading every 2 mos). I downloaded the windows version of Forscan 3 mos ago but have not checked for update.

Thanks for you assistance!

OP
OP
G

gergnamenorg

Reaction score
I got the OBDLinkEX $$ and... SAME! It writes 100% but has error message about service ended. I will get screenshot of actual errors and post.

However I did play around and did manage to reset the BCM and lose all my changes , so I do know it can work. I may have found something that is causing the error. I am getting a vehicle not ready error message when I am trying to change a module that requires 1) car in Park, 2) Emergency Brake engaged, and 3) vehicle not moving. I don't know how to verify which condition is failing? The dash indicates it is in Park. I tried putting in Drive with parking brake and got dash warning. So all that is left is the vehicle moving?

Anyone got anything???