IPC Programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

gergnamenorg

Reaction score
I started this thread by saying I might be dumb... but i gotta say i don't remember READING ANYWHERE that...

the vehicle has to be RUNNING to change certain modules.

So before attempting IPC changes start the engine. Hopefully my painful experience will save someone else the frustration.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shouldn't need to have it running, only need to have it in full accessory mode. It sounds like you were able to get it sorted though and the changes working?

OP
OP
G

gergnamenorg

Reaction score
Yeah i got no idea why it does not work unless truck is running. you mentioned 'full accessory mode' I assume you mean by pressing start button twice. it seems I can press once or twice and it is the same?

it did take the changes (more than just the light indicators) but I think i jacked something because I now get a 'blind spot fault' at startup. so i will reload IPC module as built and make sure that goes away and try again.

Thanks for assistance.

OP
OP
G

gergnamenorg

Reaction score
I might be chatting with myself here BUT... so latest twist (and i can hear my wife saying 'I told you to stop f***ing with it') when I turn off motor I cannot LOCK it until a few seconds after the headlights go off. I will back out my changes, which I am getting real good at, and see if it reverts to usual behavior?

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I might be chatting with myself here BUT... so latest twist (and i can hear my wife saying 'I told you to stop f***ing with it') when I turn off motor I cannot LOCK it until a few seconds after the headlights go off. I will back out my changes, which I am getting real good at, and see if it reverts to usual behavior?
At this point, it is probably best to load the as-built file back in it and start from the beginning again.