Is 07' and 08' Trim the same for removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k4gps

Reaction score
Just got my 08' Expedition a few days ago and want to spend some time Sunday tearing it apart looking at space and starting to design my system. I see in another thread that you can just pull the bezel off on a 07' but is the 08' the same ? Also any idea on the center console? I see 2 spots that seem prime area for my install.

Just under the AUX input/Lighter there is a blank space. That would be great for my Amateur Radio Control head, it's about the size of most DIN removable face plates. The radio would be mounted behind the drivers side rear quarter pannel.

2nd Spot I like is just in front of it, where the little tray is in the console. I am looking at it today and it looks like a great spot to mount a 7" touch screen. Maybe fabricate a fiberglass trim to angle it up so that it is below the lighter and AUX but not mounted flat aiming up. If I did this I could possibly mount the 2-way radio control head in the overhead sunglass holder, MAY be a tight fit though.

Arm Rest Console: That seems to be a good location to mount a CD/DVD drive, possibly USB based for the CarPuter mounted behind the passenger side quarter pannel. If so how difficult is it to remove the entire console?

Rich

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

k4gps

Reaction score
Anyone...?

I know some of the clips can be tough to pull so I don't want to pull on the wrong thing and snap anything.

The wife is even asking me when I am going to start upgrading the truck I got to get going before she changes her mind!!:D

chevy24d

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While I do not know for sure, it appears that the photos of the dash look simular or even the same for the 07 and the 08's. Take a look at the Ford website and you will see what I mean.

Mark