JL Audio Stealthbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I have a stealth box for sale. It's the model that fits into the back right where if there is no sub there is the little storage bin. I have the directions as well as it is fairly time consuming to install. The stealthbox lets you have a single 10" subwoofer that is mounted flush into the trim of the car. Once installed you lose no cargo space and it takes up no room. The sound from these are good as they are specifically designed for the cars they are made for and molded from fiberglass. The reason I'm selling this one is that I purchased a new one after my car was broken into. When it happened someone tried to get the sub out of my car but figured out it was not worth taking as the stealth box bolts into the vehicle. The box itself is good but I would suggest getting a new sub although the one that is in there still works. Because insurance was paying for the new one I took and saved the old one figuring I would make someone a good deal and everyone would be happy. If you are interested you can send me a PM and I will e-mail you pictures of it. I have it all boxed up so I will wait to see if anyone is interested before I open it for the pictures. The sub that is in it is an upgraded JL and was mounted at a slight angle to use new screw holes. If you purchased this and wanted to change the sub I would also suggest rotating it for new hole points. I also have a grill that covers it by slipping into the original plastic piece that covers the hole. I believe this should fit 97-02 expeditions, mine is an 01. These sell new for about $575.00, I would be looking for $300.00 plus shipping. I can't tell you how happy I am that I have this installed in my car instead of going with a regular box taking up space. This looks really clean and gives it a stock feel compared to a box in the cargo area.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so essentially this is a $300 enclosure. does it come stock with an amp?

OP
OP
M

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry this took me so long to respond. Yes it is essentially just the enclosure. The sub that is in the box works but replacing it would be best. No it does not come with a built in amp, I have mine set up underneath the drivers seat for it. At this point in time if anyone wants it shoot me a PM and even better with your phone number so I can just contact you directly. Right now it is sitting in my garage taking up space and I'm just trying to clean it up. Got a new motorcycle and every foot of floor space is precious now lol.

curleywon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the sub still works, why would you suggest that it be replaced? Is it physically damaged or does it not sound properly?

OP
OP
M

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would suggest it just so you can make sure to have a good seal. Without a proper seal you have air escape and that defeats the purpose of the box.

ghost0217

Reaction score
If you are willing to come down quite a bit on your asking price, I would purchase.

Thanks,
Ghost