Just bought a 2014 Expedition EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coupe11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bought a 2014 Expedition EL about 3 weeks back. Been looking for one for a couple months (longer really, but only seriously looking for a couple months.)

Finally found one like we wanted down in NC and drove down to buy/pick it up.

So far we like it, a lot.

16 mpg around town and between 16 and 17 mpg on the highway (17 in the flat lands and 16 when we drive through the mountains.)

Finally got the license/registration from the VA DMV and should get it inspected early next week.

Already made two road trips in it.

How much do we like it? We put 2,000 miles on the Jeep Cherokee since November 2017. We've put 1,000 miles on the Expedition in 3 weeks. Don't plan to keep doing that but it is nice to drive.

No pictures, sorry. Black with black interior. EL Limited, so it's pretty nice.

Already adding to it (window visors, bug deflector, nice floor/cargo area mats, etc. Came with a recent oil/oil filter change, new air filter and new battery. Got a couple years or more left on the tires.

Big and shiny. Just need to get it really cleaned up inside/out (drove it in the rain a couple times and you know how the black paint is.) Unreal amount of electronic gadgets on/in it.

Did I mention we're happy about the gas mileage? Jeep typically gets around 16 to 17 mpg around town and so does the Expedition. Six cylinder Jeep and eight cylinder Expedition and the mileage is nearly identical??? My 05 Silverado (std. cab 4WD, 4.8 and manual 5 speed) only gets 16 to 17 mpg around town as well.

Hopefully learning will be leisurely vs. oh crap it's broke and how am I going to fix it.

One reason for the Expedition was I'm tired of working the dang Chevys. The Silverado is suffering with brake issues right now and it's one of those - the more you drive it the more it breaks vehicles. My wife said this morning, "It's like that Blazer, breaks all the time." Had an 82 K5 that was like that. The more you drove it the more you had to buy parts and work on it. One of the S10 Blazers was similar to that, always putting money/effort into it.

I traded off my 1990 F150 4WD with 251,000 miles on it. Original engine/clutch/transfer case/transmission, etc. I have wished, so many times, that I'd kept it and traded in the 95 S10 Blazer.

Anyway, I've got an Expedition now.

Plati

Reaction score
Nice. Couldn't be happier with mine.

A good upgrade is to go to the solid lug nuts. I went in for an alignment as soon as I got mine.