Just installed a Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got a new Pioneer head unit, model AVH-P1400DVD. Best Buy had them for $200 this week and for that price you can't really go wrong. It has a 5.8" touchscreen with front usb and audio input jack. It is their low end head unit, so if you want Nav, bluetooth, HD radio or Sat radio you have to buy the add ons. But as a basic head unit it is great. I was looking at the Pioneer AppRadio and a few others that use the apps on your phone, but non of them are iPhone 5 compatible yet. I mainly listen to Pandora or my iPod and this will sync with Pandora through the USB-Lightning cable from the iPhone 5 or with the Pioneer cable my iPod will play videos. I also did the relay bypass mod so that it will play video without it having to be in park. Installation was pretty straightforward and easy. My only dislikes of the unit so far would have to be that the dash kit is not as fluch as I would like it to be and USB and audio input are on the front. It's just not as clean of a look when the cords are sticking out of the front as opposed to how I usually like have the cable go behind the unit to the glove box to hid the iPod. However, since I have to change between the iPhone 5's cable and the Pioneer cable it is easier being on the front. I do like that it will also charge my phone while connected. Since nothing yet is "iPhone 5" compatible I was pleasantly surprised that apps like Pandora and Spotify play seamlessly through the stereo and even display the cover art and song info. Now onto the pics.

IMG_0045_zps2d5ad9a7.jpg

IMG_0036_zpsa58ae9fa.jpg

IMG_0035_zps5dadcde3.jpg

IMG_0034_zps0698280e.jpg

Here you can see the setup with the Sirius radio also, as well as my Viper 5704 remote start, keyless entry and alarm key fob that I had installed a while ago.
IMG_0032_zpsffd576af.jpg

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Victor

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks good. i might get one of those. my radio is starting to die.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. My volume nob doesn't work right. I was thinking avh-8400bh

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok got it and installed. and i already have the ebrake bypass installed. It has a nice pic quality for the price. Also fun to watch a movie and hear/feel the explosions from subs. But hopefully some day i will get the bit back that fell behind the dash inside the console.

OP
OP
rex450se

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok got it and installed. and i already have the ebrake bypass installed. It has a nice pic quality for the price. Also fun to watch a movie and hear/feel the explosions from subs. But hopefully some day i will get the bit back that fell behind the dash inside the console.

Cool. For $200 you really can't beat it for what you get, with a double din dvd player. I know it lacks HD radio, bluetooth, nav and some other stuff, but it's many times better than stock. And it will hold me over for awhile so I can get my lowering springs, new amps and speakers and a sub, and then I'll come back to upgrade to a better unit. But for now I am more than thrilled.

Victor

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nope cant beat it. my install looks a lil different then yours. My radio sticks out just a lil bit, but i think thats due to the mounting kit i bought.

Last edited:

jstrut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have that same stereo and love it! I had to adjust the mounting holes i used to get it to sit flush but it will get there. I had a metra mounting kit by the way. Looks awesome!

OP
OP
rex450se

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nope cant beat it. my install looks a lil different then yours. My radio sticks out just a lil bit, but i think thats due to the mounting kit i bought.

I know I used an ISO style dash kit since it allows the double din's to sit more flush. Let's see some pic's.

Victor

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok here are a couple pics of mine

Attachments

• IMG1131.jpg
    IMG1131.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 830
  • IMG1127.jpg
    IMG1127.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,856