K/N intake Metal vs. composite???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

newtofords

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah...I'd appreciate any insight into the process.
A picture would be great! If you can't..no worries.
Now I'm on a mission to find out if there are replacement heads for these trucks that will improve the power.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy who installed my CAI for me said it usually takes about an hour or so to install one, if you have basic mechanical knowledge.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 99 4.6 and I put a K&N composite on mine. It works well, nice sound although I can't comment on the difference between metal and plastic. Although when I was installing it the hose they gave me wasn't enough of a bend to get it where it had to go. So I had to make shift something with the old fitting and now after long driving I get codes and check engine light. I'm going to get a hose that right since the thing I have now can cause turbulence so it may be picking up that.

thereason21

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well newtofords there it is ... the sound wasnt too noticeable until you get on it like a good acceleration or passing somebody ... i took it out for a half hour road test and noticed increased power and about 2-3 mpg gain. Plus a sweet grumble to go with it. Keep in mind that went on a 97 eddie bauer with the 5.4... i love it ...

Oh yea it took about 45 minutes to install and i by my own standards am car retarded ... it was pretty easy ...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65