Keep fogs on with high beams ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thinking about this and looking at the wiring diagrams in post #1 this would seem to be a workable solution. You would have to cut the + and - going to each fog light and that will take the factory fog relay out of the equation. BUT....if you cut the wires, will the "computers" on the truck sense something wrong and show some type of indicator light (that something is amiss)? If this happens you could easily reconnect the wires back together.

Finding a parking light HOT would be easily accomplished if one removed the headlight pod. The fog light wires are easily accessed from underneath the truck. I installed HID's in my fogs so I know what's underneath there.

You should only have to cut the + wire for each. The - is simply your ground, and can stay grounded at current location.

Reaction score
I would just run a new circuit from scratch. Leave current wiring still connected. Disconnect neg battery terminal. Run power from 12V with fuse close to source, through firewall to dash mounted switch then out to + of each fog light. Current - wire will still act as your ground.

It will work like this:

with new switch flipped off - factory wiring will still power fogs when high beams are off. When high beams are turned on, fog lights go out.

with new switch flipped on - factory wiring & system sees no difference and fogs get power when high beams are off. When high beams are turned on, fog lights stay on due to your 12v source through switch.

Note: You will probably want to use 12v source that only receives power when vehicle is running or key in ACC position. Otherwise you would have to make sure your switch is flipped off when you are done driving, or chance waking up to dead battery the next morning.