Keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurboPirate

Reaction score
Hello gang, I tried giving my 2001 Expedition a new code for key-less entry but can't, does anyone know how to do this? I follow the manuals instruction but the new code never works, only the old one, thanks in advance Turbo

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure you're using the original factory code to start the programming process? Sounds like that's what the problem is

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you buy the vehicle new or used? It's possible that the previous owner set his own code and that's what he gave you to use. I can't remember the original code offhand, I'd have to look at the documentation

chad9f9

Reaction score
The original keyless entry security code is printed on a sticker on the Keyless entry module. In my 1999 it is mounted driver side under the dash above the kick panel. Should be a white sticker with black print.

This is the code that is hard coded into the keyless entry module and it is this code that you will use during the reprogramming process.

Hope this helps.

M1757

Reaction score
On the 2001 model year the owners manual states the factory keyless entry code is taped onto the computer behind the passenger kick panel.