Alarm/Keyless Lock System Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sonyhome

Reaction score
I can't program new remotes to my 2002 Ford Expedition. I tried to program in a friend's Eddie Bauer remote and it failed too.

Hence I suspect it's the car's receiver or something. I don't know where to find reference material to understand how stuff works for the Ford.

I came across this reference:
Ford Part No.: 2L1Z-15604-BA
Alarm/Keyless Lock System Kit

d2282d53168b9db428b2a55fa3b81632.jpeg

If anyone knows what this module does, where it is located, if it has an antenna or logic that parses the radio frequencies of the remote control, or any other info I can parse to figure out why it's not working, that'd be great.

I saw references to BCM (Body Control Module) and Anti theft modules but I don't know if they're related, or can be the source of the issue I'm tracking down.

Thank you.

00Expoxls

Reaction score
Look up under the dash on the driver side. You should see the module, it will have the keypad code on it. I've heard, but cant confirm, that you can only program so many remotes to the unit, once that count is exceeded, you're out of luck.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look up under the dash on the driver side. You should see the module, it will have the keypad code on it. I've heard, but cant confirm, that you can only program so many remotes to the unit, once that count is exceeded, you're out of luck.
That is the keypad entry module. does it have the fob receiver also?

OP
OP
S

sonyhome

Reaction score
Hmmm if I can find that box quickly at the junk yard, maybe I can crack it open and confirm if it has an antenna. One more thing to add to the list.