Largest tire size for stock Ford Expedition 2003 4x2 no lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyonoe who know?

From what I hear and see, the 2WD sits lower than the 4x4 at stock height so the biggest id go wouldn't be too much bigger than stock, maybe like a 285/70r17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

Expfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply ! I had plans to assemble 33X12.5R17 and original rim but it may not be possible then?

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply ! I had plans to assemble 33X12.5R17 and original rim but it may not be possible then?

I'd say you could go 33s just be wary you may need to do some minor trimming.... I have a 3/2 and about to put on 35s and will need trimming

xfiles67

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our '03 4x4 has 265/75/17 (I think), and there's a little rub at full lock.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i had 285/70/17s on stock rims stock height(4x4). Had rubbing from the knobs on A/T tire. On 2003's if remember correctly there is about an inch difference between 4x2 and 4x4 stock height.

OP
OP
E

Expfan

Reaction score
Seems like I need to lift the car to get a little bigger tires then. Have seen on ebay there are kits that do not cost much so I 'll try it . Someone who knows about Atturo Trail Blade mt tires are ok ?

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like I need to lift the car to get a little bigger tires then. Have seen on ebay there are kits that do not cost much so I 'll try it . Someone who knows about Atturo Trail Blade mt tires are ok ?

They seem ok but I think it ends there.. Ok... I tend to see a lot of truck running the trail blades when they have 24" rims on the truck and want to stretch a 35" tire to fit which isn't a good idea in the first place but they hold up pretty well from what I've heard and they look just like Toyos lol