Leaking from ‘Oh sh*t’ bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NikNak

Reaction score
Please tell me how to stop the leaking from the ‘oh sh*t’ bars. Not sure exactly where the water is coming in at. I’ve resealed the weather stripping along the top of the windshield but that did nothing. Not sure what else to do. Any advice would be great, thanks!

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have a sunroof, the drainage tubes could be clogged. Weed trimmer line works well to snake through and clean them so they are free flowing again .

thesavo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have access to a nail cimmressor, that really works with a blow gun attachment.
Be sure to dial down the pressure.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Tom Aldridge

Reaction score
IF you have a sunroof, clogged drain is likely the issue. My 04 EB does this exact thing if I don't clean the channel and drain holes frequently enough. Looked into the leak with a borescope and I see that water runs over the channel edge and makes its way over the headliner and down the A pillar until it finds a place to exit...which apparently is the grab bar. My parking spot leans slightly to the driver side so it's always the left grab bar.
Seems that the Expy drain holes are smaller than my other sunroof vehicles and it doesn't take much to clog them...although that may be better than allowing the trash to go down the tube and clog it further down the line. I have never had to blow out or rod out the drain tubes.

I find that keeping the sunroof gasket lubed with Kryton swells it a bit and reduces the amount of water/trash in the channel. 17 years with all original components.

Have never had a roof seam leak or resealed anything.
This Expy has been outside all of its life in central Florida and SE Louisiana so it's had high amounts of sun and rain.

Hope this helps.