LED Bar In Bumper Air Scoop

Go for it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

GZ123

Reaction score
Doodle,

I think that's the best option in terms of getting the best use out of the bar. I frequently have surfboards/a kayak up there, so I can't use that space :/

Just out of curiosity, how did you wire up the power and control? Did you port through the roof, or follow along the windshield, under the hood then through the firewall? Your rig looks cleaaaaan! I dig the blacked out grille.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think that's the best option in terms of getting the best use out of the bar. I frequently have surfboards/a kayak up there, so I can't use that space :/

That depends on what your primary need is for the light bar. A roof mount will give you a good view of objects down the road, but it will be less effective than a grill mount for objects directly in front of or off to the side of the vehicle.

OP
OP
G

GZ123

Reaction score
Stepcajun, I think that's my favorite look so far. When you say you inset it, is it behind the grille or did you cut the grille and place it flush?

Stepcajun

Reaction score
Yep, I cut out the grill dividers where I needed to,
Check out my profile page, I think there are a few better pics, I also got the front lights and cut them into the bumper and wired them to the bar. A curved one would be bad ass but mine was a gift

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where they ran the cable through to get the switch into the cab? I have an 07 expedition and was messing with it for like 2 hours trying to find a place to run the wire through. Greatly appreciate any answers.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where they ran the cable through to get the switch into the cab? I have an 07 expedition and was messing with it for like 2 hours trying to find a place to run the wire through. Greatly appreciate any answers.

I ran it through the firewall on the driver's side in my '11. I removed all the factory tape around the wiring harness where it enters the rubber grommet. Then I wrapped a cable tie around the wires I wanted to pull through and another cable tie through that cable tie so I could poke it through the grommet and pull it through.

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where's the rubber grommet? I see a few spots but when I try to get through them it stops

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where's the rubber grommet? I see a few spots but when I try to get through them it stops

You can cut the inside of that rubber piece a bit to give you some room. Just be careful not to cut any wires. It's a very tight squeeze, but a cable tie has enough rigidity and flexibility to get through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1