Lift gate window keeps unlatching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NNic

Reaction score
I've got about 1500 mi on my 2018 EXPY. Very happy with it. Recently it seems to have developed a glitch. Whenever I start the engine the information display shows that the lift-gate or lift-gate window is open. So i get out of the truck go to the lift-gate and sure enough the lift-gate window is unlatched. I proceed to close it firmly make sure its latched and continue on my drive. The next time I start the car I have to go through the same process all over again. Anyone have any ideas on whats going on?

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I wouldn't even remotely bother diagnosing this issue, it's a brand new truck I would take it back to the dealer and leave a boot in the service managers ass and take a loaner until that issue is fixed... and to probably take a the boot out of the service managers ass if they do actually fix it.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We had someone on here with this same issue… maybe it was the whole tailgate, I don't remember. The dealer ended up replacing the button, it had a short.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone out there have any service manuals or links to video on how to remove the rear hatch interior panel? (to get at the wiring in the rear door) Cant find anything on the 18's on the internet, and no obvious bolts or anything. Dont really want to randomly start prying at the door.

OP
OP
N

NNic

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I was focused on the latch. How did you fix the problem.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
issue not fixed yet.. I suspect it's just a loose connection, hence the ask for service manuals, but not sure until its fixed.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it under warranty? Let the dealership fix it so you don’t risk doing damage.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it under warranty? Let the dealership fix it so you don’t risk doing damage.
lol yea its three months old, of course it's under warranty. Warranty doesn't mean i'm not allowed to fix it myself, especially if it's something simple.
And yes, i'll probably still have the dealer fix it on try number two or three. Try one was a 3 minute in and out of the bay, with nothing fixed, and the service adviser lying about it to me. (youtube video in other thread i linked).. Need to find a dealership with a service department i can actually trust.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s your call but any excuse to get out of paying for warranty work and they will, ask me how I know. I have a bit of trim, a screw cap, that fell from the second row overhead door handle. I put it aside so the dealership can fix it. That way when I say it keeps falling out they will replace it, not me. Seems petty, I know, but for $65k nothing should just be be falling off. I also have a rear USB plug on the back of the center console not working so I will wait another 30 days to see what other petty stuff comes up and take it in for the dealership to screw around with it.

If you do this project at least go on Amazon and buy the nice set of interior trim removal tools to help get the panels off. They work pretty well if your patient.

https://www.amazon.com/Tresalto-Aut...=8-6&keywords=car+interior+trim+removal+tools