Liftgate and Back Window - option for Courtesy Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soldatlamour

Reaction score
I'd like to be able to flip a switch that allows/disallows the courtesy light to come on when either the Liftgate or the Rear Window are opened. Can anyone help me with what wire to splice and insert a switch?

Sometimes it's nice to leave the window/liftgate open for the breeze, but I don't want to worry about how long the light is on.

Thanks !

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to flip a switch that allows/disallows the courtesy light to come on when either the Liftgate or the Rear Window are opened. Can anyone help me with what wire to splice and insert a switch?

Sometimes it's nice to leave the window/liftgate open for the breeze, but I don't want to worry about how long the light is on.

Thanks !

I would like this mod too - and not just for the liftgate but for the doors as well.

there was a writeup on which relay to put on a switch on from the *other* expe forum but now I cant find it. I shouldve paid attention when I first read it :throw: