Locking gas Cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FI-62

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to put a lockinggas cap on my 2000 EB but have had bad luck in the past with my other cars (Jeep) when I tried this. Is there a locking gas cap I can buy that WON'T give a "CHECK ENGINE" light ? Rich

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive never had a problem. i even broke my gas cap because i "lost" my key. it was in my pocket. but i never got a check engine light. now i have a basic $15 gas cap.

Tigster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had one for years on my wrangler with no problems. Eventually the lock didnt work, it was just for looks I guess.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a locking billet fuel door... so no CEL for me...lol just every so often in the winter need to put some WD-40 in the lock to keep it moving with all the salt that NY uses

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HAHAHAHHAHA! That Sucks!

yeah yeah laugh it up! haha i was in the desert. after hours at glamis decided to take a detour up to where me and my dad go. big arco gas station there. i was super tired and had a 4 1/2 hour trip a head of me threw mountains in the rain! funn! so i didn't care if i broke it or not. but i have a new one now. so i'm good.