Looking for the best cell phone holder solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pdqcarrera

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to learn what others have come up with for a good cell phone holder in their Expedition.
Just rec'd new Samsung Galaxy S7 and need a new solution that will work. There are sooooo many options and don't want to play hit-n-miss with a bunch 'til I find one that works. I know a lot of the vent types don't fit every vent, suction cups don't work on some dash materials and the windshield slope may be too radical to work reasonably for some.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

JollyRoger

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes you are correct...it's very hard to find a good place to mount a phone holder in these things. I have had this gooseneck mount for years and probably used it in 10 different cars. It's been perfect in all of them. This time, instead of buying a cradle that's specific to my phone, I tried one of those "as seen on TV" sticky pads and suprisingly it's worked great! Whenever it stops gripping the phone you just wipe it down with water and a bit of soap and it's like new again. I think I found it at Walgreens or some crazy place. It didn't bolt directly to the gooseneck mount so I drilled a couple of new holes in it and it mounts up fine. I can't remember where I got the gooseneck but a quick search turned up this mount, which looks very similar: AMPS Mounting Pedestal with 7" Gooseneck - Dual-T Compatible: Arkon.com

This setup holds the phone in the perfect position, between the steering wheel and the shifter, and doesn't block my view of the HVAC controls. I'm very happy with it.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 20160322_100730.jpg
    20160322_100730.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 20160322_100748.jpg
    20160322_100748.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 79

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have black interior, its tough to beat a KUDA mount.

KUDA OEM leather iPhone GPS Mount for FORD EXPEDITION (since 2007) black

I don't have one in my Expedition but do in other vehicles, both current and past.
If you don't like the KUDA mount for the Expedition, which mounts on the passenger side down low, look at their F150 offerings. They have one that mounts to the drivers side, up high. Judging from the photos, the F150 mount should also work.

murray978

Reaction score
for my 2014, I put together a solution using ProClip and Ram Mount. My phone is a Moto X Pure Edition so different size but the concept should be the same.

To create a mounting surface I used:
Ford Expedition 2007-2017 ProClip Console Mount - ProClip USA

Then to hold the phone, I use 2 pieces:

RAM Composite Double Socket Mount with 2/1" Ball Diamond Bases Unpackaged - RAP-B-102U | RAM Mounts

RAM X-Grip® for Phones up to 3.5" wide - RAM Mounts

I have used this setup with 4 different phones and it works great.

FisherPete

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the issue is not a convenient place for the phone, but rather, a good place for the display so if you're using WAZE or Google Maps you can see and access the screens as well as plugging it in for longer trips. I have a goose neck for mine, but it's certainly not ideal.

ersin

Reaction score
ı have the magnet one..check in amazon ...they are really nice if you buy from good company..ı recomend