Lower trailing arm question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Expy I am looking at has a rust hole the size of pen tip in the lower trailing arm.

So I am going to get a replacement set of arms. Who makes a good set of replacement arms, that use either round tube or square/rectangular tube rather than a factory mess???

I found some on Evil Bay from Expy Source.. but I really can't find much info about them anywhere else.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I second PMT, I also just put in a set of lowers. I waited till the rust hole was the size of a quarter... I go to college so money was tight haha. I feel much better going into the MN winter knowing I have the PMT's than the factory ones I had last winter.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Can always look at some Rancho bars and put those on. They are much beefier than the stock stuff. Even more so than the PMT. The big trick with them will be finding a set. But, you may get lucky and find someone selling the back half lift kit for an Expy. never know what you can find.

jimmbrooks

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
W

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You wouldn't know off hand the size of the bolts?? I have dozens of grade 8's off all sizes laying around...Not having to buy new bolts would be great.

jimmbrooks

Reaction score
yea, in the how to link i posted i put the sizes in there, and i am fortunate enough to have a shop that sells grade 8 bolts for cheap and even higher alloy bolts that they use on rollercoasters. Make sure you use a locking washer with the bolt too.

5/8 x 18 threads x 3.5 inch bolt (i only needed 1 as i reused 3 of the old bolts)

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks... I looked at the link. I didn't see the bolt size, but I didn't really read it thoroughly.

My shop at work has 5 gallon pail after 5 gallon pail of bolts sitting in it. We are involved in high liability construction, so we swap bolts out every job.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
You wouldn't know off hand the size of the bolts?? I have dozens of grade 8's off all sizes laying around...Not having to buy new bolts would be great.
M16x2.0x90mm(3.5")Flange bolt grade 8 or higher