Lowering the front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redwood

Reaction score
This may be backwards from standard thought or practice, but here goes.

I've got an 02 4x4 EB Expy. The suspension to my knowledge is stock. The front sits higher than the rear. I'm not a fan of that look and am wanting to lower the front down just enough to give it a nice subtle rake. I don't want to lower the rear at all. I'm thinking of adjusting the torsion bar keys to accomplish. Any thoughts?

Bowesmobile

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Torsion bars will help you do that. Make sure to take measurements before you start. This will ensure you make both sides even and you can track the amount you needed to lower it.

Bowesmobile

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It'll probably feel a little softer. But unless you're running heavy tires, it may not make that much difference. The good thing is you'll have measurements and can re-set it to what it was if you don't like it.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd think if you lower the front you'll have to get an alignment... Do you have air suspension? You might want to think about raising the rear rather than lowering the front as there won't be any alignment needed... If you have air suspension I believe you can move the sensor slightly to raise the rear end...

OP
OP
Redwood

Redwood

Reaction score
I think I'm going to lower it with the torsion bars and report back on how it does. In the mean time I'm going to price some coil spring spacers for the rear. I'd rather get it a little closer to the stock tires than away as I'm not going to be crawling. Hoping to pick up a half a mile to the gallon out of it if possible.... :)

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As was said above, you can just loosen the torsion bar adjustment bolts to lower it slightly. You should have an inch or two of adjustment from that

OP
OP
Redwood

Redwood

Reaction score
Loosened the torsion bar bolts 4.5 turns. Got a good solid inch out of it. Looks a lot better, but still not quite where I want it. Originally went 6 turns but the ride/driveability became really soft and unpredictable. Still going to replace the rear coils in the near future.

MGalleryItem.php

Last edited:

pavaojc

Reaction score
If you install coil spring spacers in the rear, what else do you have to do? Or is that it?