Lug nut question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Call for Bernie? Bernie is pandering to the Ford crowd now? Is he offering free lug nuts along with free medical, tuition, and (probably) love.

Even with an annual tire rotation the lug nuts will only by cycled a dozen times during the probable life of the truck. If it lasts much longer I'll just fit the new nuts.

-- Chuck

SEPTIC PROFESSOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bernie loves the lake homes he got spiffed after 2016 and the ones he's gonna get spiffed for 2000 and feels Expeditions make the best lake home suv.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So ... Septic Professor doesn't answer questions either. Thanks for nothing. Probably busy at Club Mary's.

I put GORILLA on my 2014EL about 2 years ago. Slight surface rust which doesnt surprise me. Gorilla said the keep them clean and add a coating of wax or they will rust. Doesnt hurt anything. Its chrome on hardened steel and wrenched, rough life for such a thin coating. The wheel looks a lot worse. So they match somewhat. Happy with them.
View attachment 35078
He's too busy playing in septic tanks with his new snorkel.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
way too much chatter for something that is so pathetically simple to deal with, bought 24x of these
on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/p/563503271
$140 plus tax and ship for 24 open ended nuts ? My oversized socket is looking better every minute, especially when you only remove nuts when you buy new tires.

As for torque; many won't agree but I always grease all the studs (so there never is a removal problem on a rainy, freezing night in a ditch with a flat) and use my electric impact wrench with no farther torqueing. They are off and on twice a year (winter wheels) and I have been doing this for 60 years with never a loose lug nut.

Last edited:

SEPTIC PROFESSOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do all my own work. Because I don’t like others touching my trucks. 150 ft lbs and no, I’m on shift work as a fire fighter so I’m in uniform

I congratulate you and thank you for your service.

150, of course, is the correct updated via TSB for the 2003 on up wheel nut spec.