Magnaflow catback exaust system installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The eXpedition

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I installed the catback exaust system for my 2012 ford expedition (non-EL).
In order to hear the sound, kindly put your ear phones or connect to AUX system of your expedition.

I ordered from autoanything.

Magnaflow Catback exaust system 2012 Ford Expedition
Magnaflow Catback exaust sys 2012 Ford Expedition - YouTube

Now my expedition sounds like T-Rex :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

CJ0920

Reaction score
What does it sound like while cruising? Is there drone in the cabin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
T

The eXpedition

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does it sound like while cruising? Is there drone in the cabin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi, it is very quite and comfortable, no droning, just when you speed up shifting back and forth between 5th and 4th gears to speed up, you will hear a bit of a drone... But overall the system is not noisy or loud, it sounds so professional.

I have already gotten several people on the who never even heard what a magnaflow is, they are getting ready to buy for their cars.

CJ0920

Reaction score
So while say doing 60-80mph is it quite without downshifting with RPM around 2k? What does it sound like inside?

OP
OP
T

The eXpedition

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So while say doing 60-80mph is it quite without downshifting with RPM around 2k? What does it sound like inside?

It sounds so quite, and surprisingly I am no longer hearing the little drone mentioned for the previous guy when downshifting to speed up due to low speed, I don't know if the car say! "Auto-Tuned" on the new system?!!

Frankly it's worth every penny I spent including shipping charges to where I currently live.

According to the Torque Pro MPG measurement, I used to get 13 MPG on the highway, this is exactly as described by Ford for the EPA ratings (see link) 4x4
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/Feg/bymodel/2012_Ford_Expedition.shtml

After I installed the Magnaflow Cat-Back, I believe it is even lighter in terms of weight beneath the vehicle, So the new testing results showed 15.3 MPG, a positive margin of 2.3 MPG has been achieved. This is very good for a 28 Gallons capacity like my 2012 expy.

I will post the MPG test results once I upload the photo from my phone.

Next step will be Airaid Intake system, let's see what happens for the MPG on a highway.

Last edited:

espeed

Reaction score
Hello..I have installed the Airaid tube/cone on my '13; so far best mpg is 1.5 to 2.0 mpg - both city and hiway driving. I'm looking at the Gibson catback since my buddy has one installed on his 09 Expy. By the way..I ordered the Airaid from Authoanything also..well worth the investment and it only took me 20 minutes to install.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello..I have installed the Airaid tube/cone on my '13; so far best mpg is 1.5 to 2.0 mpg - both city and hiway driving. I'm looking at the Gibson catback since my buddy has one installed on his 09 Expy. By the way..I ordered the Airaid from Authoanything also..well worth the investment and it only took me 20 minutes to install.

Is that a gain of 2mpg or is that what you're actually getting? If you're getting 2mpg I'd be looking for issues. That's horrible mileage.

If anyone wants an intake I have a Spectre intake I'm willing to sell. I had to pull it off for smog and since I didn't notice a difference without it, I have no interest in putting it back on.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I understand this has nothing to do with the og poster. Which, your exhaust sounds good. But 01yellercobra, why did you have to take off your intake? I've passed several smog checks with my k&n intake.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I understand this has nothing to do with the og poster. Which, your exhaust sounds good. But 01yellercobra, why did you have to take off your intake? I've passed several smog checks with my k&n intake.

Because it doesn't have a CARB number. I had to get the wife's car smogged and they asked for the CARB number of her intake, which I had in the car. I'm sure it'll pass the sniffer, but I don't want some by the rule book jack ass failing me because of the intake.

OP
OP
T

The eXpedition

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hi espeed,
would you mind posting a photo for your installed Airaid ?
Appreciate your stopping by