MagnaFlow Cats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AbelNavyvet

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OMG I really did the performance is awesome, BUT I really need a tune or a Tuner of some kind saving my cash for a 5 Star. The sound is great man it deep and aggressive. I have noticed that as the truck gets warmer the sound gets deeper and louder. very well worth the money...

dmercer3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
AbelNavyvet can you point me in the right direction here? I looking to buy cats to combine with the exhaust system I just got: Magnaflow Performance Exhaust 16378

So where did you buy yours? and was it easy to install yourself or does it involve welding? How do I figure out which cats need to be replaced?

OP
OP
AbelNavyvet

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DMERCER3 what's going on brother... I first went onto Magna flow website and look up the year, model and engine size of my 06. they have to categories one for the 49 states and one for California. I got the 49 states model number since I live in TX. I got the model number then went to surf the net with that model number of the cats and found them on eBay but before that I went to amazon, advance auto, Orielys, and al sorts of auto parts stores.
There was not much welding needed but since I wanted the system bolt on as much as possible The only parts that were welded were the both sides of the muffler and the muffler tip. It was rather quick to install like 2 hours MAX...
My factory cats were in great working condition just wanted performance and sound....

The current exhaust is great I love the sound I love the response I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!!

dmercer3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
did you buy the Magna Flow system 16378?

ops i didnt have the alert turned on for the thread... i did buy that system. its been on for about a week now with the factory cats still in place. I love the sound! the wife even likes it as its not too aggressive and no annoying drone. I did the gotts mod as well with a new high flow filter but i honestly noticed nothing as far as the intake goes. I was averaging about 12mpg around town and it seems so far as if I gained about 1-1.5 mpg at least. (new spark too)