Mexico map coverage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe it should as the map database is for North America which includes MX.
But... why wouldn't you just use Android Auto and Google maps?

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It doesnt work well once you get deep into Mexico. I tried using it when doing my border runs for El Mayo.

OP
OP
Left Coast Geek

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
problem is, i'm spending 4 months with a RV caravan traveling all over mexico. I don't think I can download the whole country. and downloaded map sections can expire when you least expect them to. I've gotten burned before where I thought I had map sections all downloaded just to have them not available when I was off grid.

this isn't the exact route, but its close to a bunch of it.
yucatanmap.jpg

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
problem is, i'm spending 4 months with a RV caravan traveling all over mexico. I don't think I can download the whole country. and downloaded map sections can expire when you least expect them to. I've gotten burned before where I thought I had map sections all downloaded just to have them not available when I was off grid.

this isn't the exact route, but its close to a bunch of it.
View attachment 78732
Have you ever taken that route before? Some of the areas are known to be dangerous. Be prepared. With that said, Samsung phones have GPS chips built in, unless extremely old. So a third party GPS that supports GPS will help.

OP
OP
Left Coast Geek

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Traveling with a caravan who does this every year, wagon master in front, Green Angel tow truck as a sag wagon.

My phone has a GPS chip, so does the Expedition... GPS just gives you your precise latitude and longitude... you need mapping software to make that useful. Google maps depend on the cloud, require any Internet connection to fetch sections... the Ford maps are stored in the vehicles nav computer and work without Internet access

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Traveling with a caravan who does this every year, wagon master in front, Green Angel tow truck as a sag wagon.

My phone has a GPS chip, so does the Expedition... GPS just gives you your precise latitude and longitude... you need mapping software to make that useful. Google maps depend on the cloud, require any Internet connection to fetch sections... the Ford maps are stored in the vehicles nav computer and work without Internet access
I'm in the business and can tell you there are many ways to navigate offline. Example from Google maps "Google Maps can be used without the need to connect to the internet." My phones work just fine without internet or cloud access. You just have to know what GPS app to use and what offline map best suits your needs. Regarding a 2019 Expedition, since NA 2 21 is the current version of maps, the maps could possibly be outdated. I find this a lot in my 2019 Platinum, where new roads, highways, exits, etc. are missing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2